Radiation protection notes 3/19/11
People who think they can protect themselves before being irradiated by guzzling iodine will get very sick.
Potassium iodine is toxic unless you are bombarded by radioactive iodine. The only real protection from radioactive iodine is thyroid glandular and small amounts (1/4th tsp daily) of organic kelp. People who think they are protecting themselves with potassium iodide without being exposed to radioactive iodine are likely to poison themselves.
The CDC suggests a single dose of 160 mg of Potassium Iodide (KI), to be repeated daily if the radioactive cloud is still around, and a few grams of kelp would do the same. Painting iodine on the skin works, but it's hard to tell how much of is absorbed, if a person's skin is very thin or very thick. Taking enough thyroid glandular to suppress TSH to zero (where it should be anyway) prevents the thyroid from taking up new iodine. (Dr. Ray Peat, www.RayPeat.com)
In emergency circumstances, high doses of potassium iodide may reduce radioactive iodine uptake by the thyroid gland. However, it should be noted that continual intake of an effective dose presents serious health hazards associated with iodine toxicity. Excess intake of potassium iodide can cause hypothyroidism, thyroid adenoma and inflammatory reactions. The use of potassium iodide as a radioprotectant is warranted only upon official declaration of radiologic emergency, in which high-dose FDA-approved "drug" preparations may be indicated.
Many people have asked me, ‘how can I protect myself and my family?’ There is really only one way you can do this and that is to completely nourish your body with whole, organic, prothyroid foods (animal protein, fruits, fruit juices, coconut oil, coconut water, white sea salt, etc.). Radioactive isotopes cannot be absorbed in a body chock full of their natural stable isotopes.
Link to prothyroid diet: http://www.litalee.com/documents/Diet_rules_table_Pro-Thyroid_2008.pdf
Summary of Some Safe, Protective Substances
Thyroid glandular and kelp (only ¼ tsp daily) is the best protection against radioactive iodine. Hypothyroidism is wide spread everywhere due to the popularity of anti-thyroid diets (with soy, omega-3 and -6 oils, fluoride everywhere, microwaving, empty processed foods, etc.) Taking enough thyroid glandular to suppress TSH to zero (where it should be anyway) prevents the thyroid from taking up new iodine. (Dr. Ray Peat)
A good thyroid glandular can be taken safely. In 25 years I have never seen a person (or animal) who didn't need thyroid glandular and this is due to many anti-thyroid foods and many toxic substances most of which hinder thyroid function.
Link to hypothyroidism: http://www.litalee.com/shopexd.asp?id=180
Link to thyroid resistance: http://www.litalee.com/shopexd.asp?id=213
Baking soda, salt, and caffeine (coffee) are commonly used to reduce the toxicity of platinum in chemotherapy, because of their diuretic, anti-inflammatory effects. All the heavy metals have some of the same toxic effects on the kidneys. Radiation sickness rarely involves uranium. (Dr. Ray Peat)
Milk and cheese are very protective against strontium 90. After a cloud has rained strontium onto the pastures, old powdered milk or aged cheese are preferable to fresh milk. Vegetables and grains get the highest proportion of strontium to calcium. (Peat)
Nova homeopathic remedies
Available online and from Marta Boyett, a shaman practitioner from Eugene, Oregon, who provided this information below. email@example.com Thank you Marta!
Link to Nova online: http://www.novahomeopathic.com/remedies.html
With the radiation from Japan, there are several things to know with regard to Nova homeopathics:
· Firstly, and we probably agree on this, the radiation is not a good thing, but the actual amount we are going to receive in the US is nothing to panic about. For some people the FEAR will be the biggest issue.
· The following set of remedies is SPECIFICALLY for radiation and related toxicity, and is used with cancer patients. Lymphatic taken with Defense, Injury/Trauma taken on its own. Defense is the remedy also known as “cellular” and prevents the over-proliferation of cells whether from cancer or other causes.
· The OTHER remedy to be included at this time is Phobia, taken separately. Our collective emotional response for the Japanese events includes a lot of fear for our own survival, whether from earthquake or radiation! The Nova formulator is emphatic that this is part of the “radiation” treatment for this incident. I concur, after reading the spiritual responses from members of my advanced shamanic community that fear is a more destructive issue right now than the radiation itself. And, as we know, fear can lead to self-fulfilling prophecy by generating a nightmare future instead of love and hope.
· So a complete Nova response to this incident would include: Lymphatic and Defense taken together, 4 times daily for a couple of months to ensure a clean bill of health thereafter. Phobia remedy taken two times daily for a week or so; 1/2 hour apart is OK and do not take it within an hour of taking any of the others. Injury/Trauma taken two times daily; 1/2 hour apart is OK and do not take it within an hour of taking any of the others.
· If your friend/client can only handle thinking about one remedy; then they are probably affected by Phobia and should just start with that!
From Alice A. Bailey
When a person walks in the light of his soul, the dark becomes more truly apparent. The chaos and misery and failure of the world groups stand revealed. The filth and dust of the warring forces are noted, and the whole sorrow of the world bears down upon the astounded, yet illuminated person. Can you stand this pressure? Can you become acquainted with grief and yet rejoice forever in the divine consciousness? Can you face what the light reveals and still go your way with serenity, sure of the ultimate triumph of good? Will you be overwhelmed by the surface evil and forget the heart of love which beats behind all outer seeming? Remember this or you can be shattered by what you have discovered.