April 2004 Volume 9, Issues 1 and 2
Love What You Do; Do What You Love
Welcome to the first combined January and April issue of To Your Health. We created this because of a recent loss in my editor’s, Ginny Hagopian, family. Please wish her well.
So many of us have suffered losses in 2003, not only financial, but physical, not to mention the loss of loved ones. These are trying times but I believe that suffering is not forever – only love is forever. So, think about how much you love your family, your friends and your favorite things. Love what you do; and do what you love. Life is precious, so enjoy and treasure each moment of every day of your life.
To your health!
We created Mad Cow disease by our unnatural and cruel treatment of animals. Cows should eat healthy grass, not corn, soybeans, animal byproducts from cows and sheep, hormones, pesticides and antibiotics. Soy is especially toxic to cow livers and makes their fat unsaturated and toxic. In addition, pesticides are rubbed on their backs. Animal diseases are passed onto the people who eat diseased animals.
From The Oregonian, Wed. Jan. 24, 2001 unless otherwise referenced:
Soon after being identified in 1986, BSE or bovine spongiform encepalopathy was nicknamed “mad cow disease” because infected cattle would fall down or stumble around as if crazed. The cattle epidemic peaked in early 1993, when about 1,000 new cases a week were diagnosed in Britain. Nearly 200,000 cases were confirmed and an additional 4.5 million cattle were slaughtered as a pre-emptive strike against the disease. There is evidence that the causes may include feeding infected sheep parts, protein rich but contaminated bone meal from rendering plants and pesticides to cows.
A human disease related to mad cow is known as variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. It was blamed for 143 deaths in Britain in the 1980s after BSE was identified. Humans can get the human form by eating meat that contains tissue from infected animals, specifically from the nervous system (brain and spinal cord).
Meats such as ground beef, hot dogs, taco meat, and luncheon meats are made from several sources of meat. They are obtained by machines, known as advanced meat recovery systems, that strip flesh from the spines and other awkwardly shaped parts of the cow. Some tests have detected tissue from the central nervous system in samples of beef products.
In 1989, the USDA banned importation of cattle, sheep and goats or their byproducts from England and Ireland. In 1999, the ban was extended to all of Europe.
In 1996, 10 cases of CJD were found in England. They didn’t fit classic CJD symptoms. Patients were younger and the pattern of brain damage different. But the same errant protein was found both in cows with mad cow disease and in humans with the new form of CJD.
From the Eugene Weekly, January 8, 2004: The first public case of mad cow disease in the U.S. was discovered in December 2003 in a downer milk cow in Washington state. Downer cows are literally those not standing due to injury or disease, including mad cow disease. By the time the test results from this diseased cow came back, the cow had already gone into the food chain. In the U.S., although the FDA has banned the practice of using downer cattle as feed for other cattle, the General Accounting Office found serious lapses in U.S. companies following this regulation and there has been no enforcement of them. Using downer cattle feed saves a lot of money and in 2000 the livestock industry contributed $3.7 million to Republican campaigns. Until the end of December 2003, there had been no U.S. law prohibiting the sale of downer cattle for human consumption, although it was banned in the public school lunch program several years ago. Don’t you feel safe folks? On December 30th, 2003, the ban on selling downer cows was announced by Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman in an attempt to restore public confidence in the nation’s meat supply. The Bush administration, along with meat industry lobbyists, had blocked this measure weeks before.
Comments from Dr. Ray Peat about Mad Cow Disease
Dr. Peat is writing an article concerning this topic and it will be published soon in his newsletter.
“My current thinking is emphasizing the convergence of many factors on lipid peroxidation, affecting the glycation and conformation of several proteins, causing the “amyloidoses,” with the prion protein probably being especially active because of its bound metals. It isn’t strictly the prion protein that’s “infective”, because Gajdusek burned some hamster brains to ash, and the mineral residue still transmitted the disease. Radiation can cause the same dementia syndromes, and lipid peroxidation/glycation has been repeatedly implicated for many years, for example by showing that the type of ultraviolet radiation that destroys proteins and DNA doesn’t hurt the scrapie infectivity, but the frequency that destroys fats does destroy the infectivity.”
“Although some populations, such as semites, are very susceptible to the supposedly genetic dementias, I think it’s just a matter of degree, and that environmental injury is the real cause. I see the prion theory as, in itself, potentially useful, but I think it’s important to realize that the FDA, EPA, USPHS, Depts. of Agriculture, Energy, and Defense, are powerfully motivated to promote red herrings, any explanation that blames the victims.”
“At Oregon State, two plant virologists who were applying plant viruses to leaves by rubbing them in with pumice powder on their finger, died within a year of each other of a disease like CJD. So, regarding the possible triggers of the prionic diseases, I don’t think anything can be excluded. I think PUFA (unsaturated fatty acids or omega-3 and -6 acids), radiation, estrogens, and various toxins are the main causes of the prionic diseases.”
“Grass-fed cows that haven’t grazed in a nuclear waste dump are probably as free of dementia as any animals have ever been. If a person is susceptible to early dementia, amyloidosis, prion problems, etc., then eating the wrong things, including the spastic poisoned cows, can accelerate the process. I think the transmission of the “prion disease” is a kind of imprinting, and that would suggest that it’s preventable and reversible. For about 30 years, it has looked as though the prion/scrapie/spongy encephalopathy condition is just an accelerated form of the degenerative changes of aging. Uninfected, but old, animals’ tissue has been reported to induce the disease, suggesting that it’s a process that overlaps autoimmunity and allergy, a self-promoting reaction to the stressed-aged states of the cells.”
Regarding thyroid glandulars and gelatin: “I don’t worry about the source of my thyroid powder or gelatin, though they seem to be mostly pork in this country.”
Comments from Lita
What bothers me more is the fact that each year over half a million people in America are hospitalized with food poisoning of which 5,000 die. That is why I recommend Citricidal (grapefruit seed/pulp extract) as a protective/preventative measure. In addition, over 90,000 people died in 2001 from influenza, which is why I always recommend support of normal function and structure with enzymes.
To protect yourself, buy only organically raised animals that are treated humanly and fed what nature intended (grass for cows and sheep; compost, bugs and fruits for range free poultry, non-farmed fish, etc.). Avoid farmed fish. Buy only organic fruits and vegetables. Avoid pet foods containing “animal byproducts” that can include downer cow meat and other diseased parts of animals. Stay close to mother nature.
The Drugging Of Our Children
This article excludes all psychiatrists who do not routinely use drugs to control the behavior and the emotions of their patients. I have a great respect for these doctors.
This article is dedicated to the thousands of children worldwide who died after being given drugs to control their behavior. Causes of death include suicide, murder/suicide, drug side effects, drug withdrawal effects and being forcibly restrained until death occurs. Now, behavior and emotional problems are routinely being treated with drugs. Talk therapy is out. Drugs are in. Children used to be called rambunctious. Now they are given Ritalin or its later drugs, to control their behavior.
Since when did we classify emotional problems such as acting out, hyperactivity, ups and downs (now called bipolar disorder), depression etc., as mental illnesses? Life on earth is not exactly free of stress, pain, anxiety or anything else. Perhaps it is easier to drug a child into becoming a compliant zombie than it is to accept or challenge his/her behavior. I don’t know. But I am very disturbed by the increasing deaths, suicides and murder/suicides that are a direct outcome of the increasing use of these drugs to children. I am also concerned about state laws that force parents to drug their children. Children do not have a choice. They must comply with whomever is in charge.
Unless otherwise noted, the information below comes from the Citizens Commission of Human Rights International.
“Over six million American children have been placed on addictive, mind-altering psychiatric drugs.”
ADD or ADHA (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
“The diagnosis of ADD is entirely subjective. There is no test. It is just down to interpretation. Maybe a child blurts out in class or doesn’t sit still. The lines between an ADD sufferer and a healthy exuberant kid can be very blurred. Parents are frightened of losing their children if they do not comply with the order to prescribe Ritalin or similar drugs to their children.”
Case history: “At seven, Matthew Smith was diagnosed as having ADHD. Matthew’s parents were told that non-compliance could bring CRIMINAL charges for neglecting their son’s educational and emotional needs. After being told that there was nothing wrong with the medication, that it could only help, Matthew’s parents acceded to the pressure. On March 21, 2000, while skateboarding, Matthew died from a heart attack. The coroner determined that Matthew’s heart showed clear signs of damage caused by stimulant drugs such as amphetamines and concluded that he had died from the long-term use of the prescribed stimulant, Ritalin.”
Diagnosis by Design
Dr. Tomas Szasz, Professor of Psychiatry Emeritus at the State University of New York Health Science Center and the author of more than 25 books has been internationally acclaimed as “one of the most important writers in present-day psychiatry”. He writes: “There is no blood or other biological test to ascertain the presence or absence of a mental illness. If such a test were developed, then the condition would cease to be a mental illness and would be classified, instead, as a symptom of a bodily disease.” (Thomas Szasz, M.D. Professor Psychiatry Emeritus, 2002)
Brain Scans Exposing the Fraud
“In fact, brain scans do not firmly establish that biochemical imbalances cause depression and that drugs can correct this.”
Schizophrenia, Harming the Vulnerable
“Diagnosing someone as schizophrenic may appear scientific on the surface, especially when biopsychiatry keeps claiming that a genetic brain disease is involved. When you observe from a distance what these researchers are really doing, you wonder how they can justify their work.”
(Ty C. Colbert, Ph.D., Blaming Our Genes, 2001)
Heart of Life, the Dr. Giorgio Antonucci Story
“Against tremendous opposition from his peers and without the use of drugs or coercion, Dr. Antonocci salvaged the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients deemed incurable and institutional cases. Today, many of his patients continue to live and work in the community. He is an inspiration to medicine.”
Drug Induced Violence and Other Side Effects
• In Australia, a 74-year old with no prior history of violence, killed his wife while on an antidepressant.
• Kip Kinkel, 14, killed his classmates and his parents and injured 22 at his Springfield, Oregon high school in 1998. He was taking psychiatric drugs.
• In 2001, Andrea Yates filled the bathtub with water and drowned her five children, ages 6 months to 7 years. Medical experts argue that the murderous rage was induced by excessive dosages of psychiatric drugs.
• In 2001, Mamoru Takuma, 37, stabbed to death 8 schoolchildren and injured 15 others in a frenzied knife attack while under the influence of psychiatric drugs.
• Jeremy Strohmeyer, 18, raped and murdered a 7-year-old girl in a Las Vegas Casino bathroom after being prescribed psychotropic drugs.
Re-defining Life’s Every Problem As a Mental Disorder
“Have you ever heard of the following mental disorders: reading disorder, disruptive behavior disorder, disorder of written expression, mathematics disorder, caffeine intoxication, nicotine withdrawal disorder, noncompliance with treatment disorder, physical abuse of a child, sexual abuse of a child, or partner relational problem? These are a few of the 374 mental disorders that psychiatrists list in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-IV or DSM-IV. Today, the DSM and the World Health Organization’s similar International Classification of Diseases (ICD) are used not only for individual treatment but also child custody battles, other court testimony, education, and more. In fact, wherever a psychiatric opinion is sought, the DSM or the ICD are presented and increasingly accepted as the final word on sanity, insanity and so-called mental illness.” Professors Herb Kutchins and Stuart A. Kirk, authors of Making Us Crazy, warn: “The public may gain false comfort from a psychiatric manual that encourages belief in the illusion that the harshness, brutality, and pain in their lives and in their communities can be explained by a psychiatric label and eradicated by a pill. …. Far too often, the psychiatric bible has been making us crazy --- when we are just human.”
“Often tagged “junk science”, the DSM was voted one of the ten worst psychiatric papers of the millennium. No wonder. psychiatric diagnoses, such as ADHD, have been voted into existence by nothing more scientific that a show of hands of American Psychiatric Association (APA) committee members.”
Does this sound right to you - that psychiatrists literally VOTE on what constitutes a “mental illness”?
Is there an alternative?
Yes! There is an enzyme and hormonal connection to all behavior, emotional and mental problems. More on this in my next newsletter but for now, please read my article on “Mental Problems” from www.litalee.com (notice that I didn’t say “illness”).
CCHR (Citizens Commission on Human Rights International), 6616 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028, 800-869-2247, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, websites: www.psychcrime.org, www.psychassault.org, www.cchr.org, www.fightforkids.org, others: www.breggin.com/
Fruit Juice, Not Vegetable Juice
This article emphasizes orange juice. Organic oranges are the easiest to find among all of the organic fruits. I do not recommend grapefruit juice because it increases estrogen.
I am writing this article because so many of my clients have told me that their health care provider told them NOT to eat fruit or to drink fruit juices because:
•They have yeast overgrowth (candidiasis) and fruit juices are not good if you have this;
• Fruit juices are fattening carbohydrates and if you want to lose weight you cannot drink fruit juices;
• Fruit juices are too high in sugar.
All of the above statements are wrong. First, the natural sugars in fruit juices have nothing to do with candidiasis and the majority of people who believe they have candidiasis have, instead, very poor digestion. Digestive disorders have identical symptoms with candidiasis. Second, fruit juices are not fattening. In fact, a cup of orange juice with a pinch of sea salt will support normalized blood sugar, which will lower your adrenalin and support normal response in heart disease, hypertension and panic attacks. Third, the sugars in fruit juices are part of the mother plant and are very different from the refined sugars in candy bars, commercial desserts, sodas, etc.
Here are the benefits of citrus, in particular orange juice:
Notes from Dr. Raymond Peat
“The effects on insulin are part of the reason I recommend orange juice; I used to recommend grapefruit, because the mineral content is a little higher than in oranges, until I learned that grapefruit increases your estrogen. There have been several publications in the last few years on grapefruit juice and estrogen; the estrogen-promoting flavonoids are commonly about ten times higher in grapefruit than in oranges. I suspect that there are more toxic flavonoids than antitoxic flavonoids. Even Szent-Gyorgyi, who started the idea that they had vitamin status, a year later changed his opinion on that.”
“Just the sucrose, displacing starches, will help to prevent obesity, but the minerals are very important; for diabetics, too, citrus helps reduce the need for insulin.”
His answer to lemon juice: “Lemons are so sour that no one is likely to drink the juice by the pint.”
Another added benefit of fruit and fruit juices is that, unlike vegetable and vegetable juices, fruit and fruit juices do not contain the toxic omega-3 and omega-6 oils (unsaturated fatty acids).
Fruits and fruit juices are high in salicylic acid, which is part of the aspirin molecule. Here is an excerpt from Dr. Peat’s article on aspirin (see October 2003, To Your Health, “Aspirin, It’s For More Than Just Pain”) and Ray Peat’s Newsletter, “Aspirin, Brain and Cancer,” January 2003.
Salicylic acid is protective to the stomach and the intestines and other organs. Salicylic acid protects against the damage done by other drugs. Aspirin, (the salicylic acid moiety) is similar to progesterone in many of its effects, as you will see in the summary below.
• Believed to be an inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis by inhibiting the cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes that form prostaglandins (inflammatory substances) but this is only part of its effect. Sometimes its effect is the opposite of other prostaglandin inhibitors. It is the acetyl radical from aspirin that inactivates the COX enzymes. The other beneficial effects listed below are due to the salicylic acid part of aspirin:
• Protects against the harmful effects of estrogen, prolactin, serotonin, cortisol, histamine and radiation
• Reduces blood clotting, but can decrease excessive menstrual bleeding
• Protects the stomach against damage done by other common anti-inflammatory drugs. Repeated use protects the stomach against very strong irritants
• Inhibits abnormal cell division (cancer, psoriasis), but promotes normal cell division in the skin
• Inhibits vascular proliferation and thus is anti-metastatic (reduces the spread of cancer)
• In many studies, it slows or regresses tumor growth
• Protects against many systemic consequences of cancer, such as wasting (cachexia), immunosuppression and strokes
• Inhibits interleukin 6 and other inflammatory cytokines, which are factors in heart disease, breast and liver cancer
• Protects the brain and can improve learning while preventing excitotoxic (seizure) nerve injury
• Protects against several kinds of toxins involved in brain degeneration
• As an antioxidant, prevents premature birth and birth defects caused by diabetes, preeclampsia (toxemia of pregnancy), and exposure to alcohol
• Provides nutritional protection against neural tube defects and many of the gestational problems associated with lupus
• Protects against lipid peroxidation (of unsaturated fatty acids to toxic substances)
• Elevates ATP levels in brain neurons and brain mitochondria and thus stimulates mitochondrial respiration
• Protects against many forms of shock and stress, and corrects imbalances in the nervous system
• Protects against radiation (ultraviolet, x-rays and gamma rays)
• Decreases estrogen production by inhibiting the release of free fatty acids and prostaglandin synthesis, both of which stimulate the aromatase enzymes that synthesize estrogen
• Like progesterone or vitamin E, can improve fertility by suppressing a prostaglandin and improving uterine circulation
• Prevents certain kinds of blindness
Notes from HSI (Health Sciences Institute) December 17, 2003:
A new study analyzed and combined the results of almost 50 studies on citrus fruits. Why is an orange good for you? Everyone knows about the high vitamin C content and the natural fiber. But oranges (and other citrus fruits) also contain folic acid, beta-carotene, potassium, selenium, and antioxidants. Citrus fruits also have a low glycemic index, which make them excellent nutrition for diabetics.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) of Australia and other groups conducted an extensive review of 48 international studies of citrus fruits and found:
• Those with the highest intake of citrus fruits reduced their risk of stomach, mouth, esophageal and larynx cancers by as much as 40 to 50 percent
• One additional serving of citrus fruit each day (beyond the recommended five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables) may reduce the risk of stroke by nearly 20 percent
• The combined studies (including the World Health Organization’s recent draft report on "Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Disease") report convincing evidence that cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and obesity may be reduced with daily citrus fruit intake.
• CSIRO researcher Katrine Baghurst told Reuters news service that the inhibition of tumor growth and the normalizing of tumor cells is most likely the result of the high antioxidant content of citrus fruits. Note that Dr. Peat attributes the anti-tumor effect to the salicylates in citrus fruits.
• Citrus fruits - and oranges in particular - are high in flavonoids which give fruits and vegetables their color. Flavonoids have a double duty as both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. In short: it's absolutely necessary in helping your cells do their work. And an orange is a flavonoid powerhouse, containing more than 60 different types of flavonoids.
Note: Dr. Peat says that flavonoids can be very estrogenic and in fact, the more toxic flavonoids are found in grapefruit which is why it is contraindicated because of the estrogenic properties. He also thinks that there are more toxic than anti-toxic flavonoids. Again, perhaps it’s the high salicylate content of fruit juices, especially oranges, that provides the antioxidant benefit.
• Oranges are also very high in unrefined, water-soluble fiber. Two different studies (one of almost 10,000 subjects in the U.S., and another with about 1,000 subjects in Italy) examined the relationship of water-soluble fiber intake to coronary heart disease (CHD). In both studies, subjects with the highest intake of this fiber had a significantly lower risk of developing CHD, compared to those with the lowest intake. The Italy study also showed that subjects with the highest intake of water-soluble fiber reduced their heart attack risk by an impressive 36 percent compared with subjects who ate very little of this type of fiber.
What’s wrong with vegetable juices?
Why do I caution against drinking vegetable juices? Because when you take the juice away from the mother fiber, you concentrate the toxic unsaturated (omega-3 and -6) oils present in various amounts in vegetables and the protection from the mother plant is lost. (See Unsaturated Oils under Free Articles on www.litalee.com for more information on the adverse health effects of these oils).
Just to remind you, here is a very brief summary of the many adverse health effects of unsaturated fatty acids (polyunsaturated fatty acids, PUFAs), also called EFAs (essential fatty acids). Linolenic (omega-3) acid found in cold-water fish oils, flaxseed (linseed) oil, nut and bean oils, is the precursor to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexenoic acid). Linoleic (omega-6) acid, found in warm weather plants, safflower, sunflower, corn, soybean, wheat germ, Evening Primrose etc oils, is the precursor to GLA (gamma-linolenic acid).
Summary of Adverse Health Effects of PUFAs
Though they are called “essential fatty acids”, they are essential only for disease. Your body makes its own omega-9 oils, but ONLY if you do not eat the omega-3 and omega-6 oils. Of these, omega-3 oils are the least stable, omega-6 the next least stable and omega-9 oils the most stable. Omega-3 oils are so unstable that they rapidly peroxidize into toxic byproducts creating a so-called “deficiency” of this oil in lab tests. There are many references documenting the adverse health effects of these oils. Dr. Ray Peat has listed hundreds of references in his books and newsletters. (www.efn.org/~raypeat) His latest newsletter (over 50 references) is “Fats and Degeneration”, March 2004, available from Raymond Peat, P.O. Box 5764, Eugene, OR 97405. Price $4.50
Summary of the many diseases related to excessive amounts of PUFAs.
• Essential for the growth of tumors and cancer. Cancer cells cannot live without these PUFAs. Tumors secrete a factor which mobilizes PUFAs from storage, thus guaranteeing their supply in abundance until the person dies. Just 5 grams (about 5 ml) of PUFAs increase the rate of breast cancer by 60%.
• Cause skin aging and skin sensitivity to ultraviolet damage including UV light-induced skin cancer.
• Cause brain damage and learning disabilities. In animal studies, coconut oil fed mice had babies with normal brains and normal intelligence. Unsaturated oil babies had smaller brains and inferior intelligence. PUFAs interfere with learning and behavior.
• There is a connection between PUFAs and obesity as well as coconut oil and weight loss.
• PUFAs inhibit ALL body systems, mainly by inhibiting enzymes essential to metabolic processes required for health and immune protection. They directly kill white blood cells. They inhibit proteolytic enzymes and this has far-reaching effects. Proteolytic enzymes digest proteins, blood clots, the colloidal protein released by the thyroid gland which leads to active thyroid hormone and the digestion of cellular proteins involved in maintaining a steady state as new proteins are formed in the cell.
• PUFAs (and other carcinogens including excess estrogen) excessively activate an enzyme system called the protein kinase C (PKC) system which is abnormally activated in diabetes and cancer.
• Block thyroid hormone secretion, its circulation and its tissue response, leading to increased estrogen levels. (See Hypothyroidism on www.litalee.com).
• Inhibit cellular respiration. Mitochondria (the lungs of the cell) are very susceptible to free radical damage and to the damage of dietary PUFAs. PUFAs inhibit mitochondrial respiration – the cell has trouble breathing. The mitochondria make just enough unsaturated fat to allow them to take up water, an enzymatic process that is suppressed by dietary PUFA. Thus, PUFAs are, by definition, toxic.
• Implicated in diabetes. Increased circulating PUFAs can block the Krebs (Citric Acid) cycle resulting in insulin resistance from prolonged pancreatic stimulation. A high PUFA (in this study safflower oil) diet was found to cause diabetes.
• PUFAs are so powerfully immunosuppressive that they are now advocated intravenously as a way to prevent graft (organ transplant) rejection.
• Stress and hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) can cause cells to absorb large amounts of PUFAs - which cancer cells depend upon for life and growth.
• PUFAs are cardiotoxic. Peroxidized PUFAs, called lipofucsin (liver spots or age spots) have been isolated from the arterial plaques found in people who have died of cardiac failure.
• PUFAs are similar to estrogen and both act similarly on the same regulatory pathway. Both inhibit thyroid function and vitamin E, promote age spots, clot formation and seizures, and impair brain development and learning.
• Prostaglandins, produced in the body by oxidizing PUFAs, are inflammatory substances. Some of them promote cancer growth, suppress immunity and cause inflammation.
• The age-related glycation products that are usually blamed on sugar are largely the result of peroxidation of PUFAs.
• PUFAs and x-rays have many common biological effects: immunosuppressive and produce their own inflammatory reactions, such as increased capillary permeability, disturbed coagulation and proteolysis and produce fibrosis and tumefaction or tissue atrophy.
• Stress-induced liberation of arachidonic acid (made from linoleic acid), causes leaky blood vessels, allowing fibrin to escape from the blood stream and into the extracellular matrix where it produces fibrosis.
Really Au Gratin Potatoes
About 3.5 pounds of potatoes—red, yellow—whatever you like
(I prefer the red or yellow as they have less of the green stuff (solenase).)
Slice them thin—no need to peel!
2 pounds of finely grated cheese—any kind you like
1.5 pounds of thinly sliced onions
3 cups of white sauce
Layer the potatoes, then onions & then cheese in a 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle salt to taste.
Pour or ladle some white sauce.
Keep layering potatoes, onions cheese, salt and sauce until you reach the top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 deg for 75 minutes. Then uncover and bake until brown on top.
Optional: Cover the top layer with grated Parmesan cheese or with crackers.
I add about 1/4 cup of milk for a moist dish
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup of milk
Sea salt to taste
** I make triple the sauce for this recipe (3 cups of milk, etc.) **
Melt the butter and then add the flour.
Stir until well mixed and then add the milk.
Stir until it just begins to thicken.
Note: You can make this recipe with leftover, cooked potatoes. Just sautee the onions and follow the recipe. Takes less time to cook— 45 to 60 minutes.
The Scoop On Splenda
Splenda is sucralose and sucralose is chlorinated sugar (sucrose), which has pesticide properties. Recently, I have noticed that more clients have begun using Splenda because they are told it is made from sucrose. Here is a summary, based upon animal studies, of what they are not told:
• Thymus gland atrophy (up to 40% shrinkage)
• Enlarged liver and kidneys
• Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
• Increased cecal weight
• Reduced growth rate
• Decreased red blood cell count
• Hyperplasia of the pelvis
• Extension of the pregnancy period
• Aborted pregnancy
• Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights
• Diabetics who use Splenda showed a statistically significant increase in glycosylated hemoglobin (Hbal 1C) which implies deceased control of diabetes.
I have had more than one client report that Splenda caused nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
But the most amazing story came from Steve G. and was printed in Dr. Mercola’s newsletter. Steve started adding Splenda to his coffee because he thought it would protect him from diabetes. After two months, he became withdrawn, had trouble focusing, became frustrated and depressed. He also had stomach cramps and chest pain that he attributed to stress. Then one day, he completely fell apart. His girlfriend visited and found him crying uncontrollably for no reason. She couldn’t get him to move or talk to her nor could he tell her what was wrong. A psychiatrist prescribed Effexor. Then, by chance, he found information on Splenda on the www.mercola.com web site. He tossed the Splenda. He is now well.
The day after I read this story, a client came to see me and reported that his doctor had just prescribed Effexor for his depression and anxiety. When I found out that his entire family was taking huge amounts of Splenda, I showed him the story. He was shocked. Needless to say, he is quitting Splenda.
I have a very simple diet rule: If God made it and you like it and it doesn’t make you sick, eat it! God did not make Splenda.
References: August 2001 To Your Health newsletter
by Sharry Edwards
A woman might have nearly died at my house today because of her multiple chemical sensitivities. It is my belief that Human BioAcousticTM techniques saved her life. I must interject here that BioAcoustics is not ordinarily used in this type of emergency, but in this case there was NO other help immediately available.
Cindy was cleaning using a common all-purpose chemical. She had been using the cleaner since Friday.woke up Sunday morning, complaining of a headache and stuffy nose.resumed her cleaning but within a few minutes both nostrils were completed closed.described an agonizing explosion-like pressure in her head every time she attempted to swallow - like there was too much air in her head and none could escape.jaws and neck were stiff and sore.tip of her tongue was numb and tingling and she had, what she described as, an odd metal taste in her mouth.
In our county, the nearest emergency squad is nearly 40 minutes away. My house was much closer than any other help.her throat was also closing off, she thought that BioAcoustics might help until real assistance arrived.immediately put on the frequency equivalent of epinephrine for shock. This stopped the progression of the throat and nose tissue swelling in less than 2 minutes.
A voiceprint revealed the highest frequency was the Frequency Equivalent™ of a common amino acid. I didn't wait to pull the entire print.This made no sense, but since the woman was also a borderline diabetic, I put on the Frequency AntidoteTM that was the Frequency Equivalent of.had no biofeedback equipment at home but since the results wereinstantaneous, I didn't bother sending to the office for the "proper" equipment.nostril became somewhat unstuffed in seconds.was completely clear and breathing out of one nostril shortly thereafter.
I discovered the Frequency Equivalent of butoxyethanol acetate was one of the stressed frequencies.Butoxyethanol is a major ingredient in the cleaner she used. I also found a definite relationship to calcium in her vocal print.gave her orange juice – the only source of ready calcium that I had on hand and she began to feel better.reported that she felt like she had a hangover, but she no longer felt the need to call the emergency squad. We did advise that she check with her physician since this was an extreme response. Cindy seemed to be doing fine the next day.fact that she believed in BioAcoustics and't panic made the task easier.
I am very grateful for this moment in time and have great hopes forfuture when BioAcoustics becomes a FIRST choice for help.
Notes To Lita...
As you all know, my favorite lawyer, Ralph Fucetola,
aka http://www.vitaminlawyer.com tells me that I have to state:
“Testimonial results are not typical. Your results may vary.”
You are such a blessing. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the help you gave me. I am a different person with my hormones and thyroid in balance. I don't know what I would have done if I would have had to care for my husband in my old state of health. It was truly an answer to prayer. For the most part, I feel quite good, even though there is a lot of stress still. Your help and God's grace, these I am thankful for. I'll keep in touch. So thanks again and take care. We all miss my husband so very much.
DT San Jose, CA
My mom is doing so great. She no longer falls asleep during the day and is now exercising three times a week. Her doctor assumed she was taking other medications because she has improved so much. He made her take a blood test. Nothing of course showed up and he still thinks she is hiding something. She keeps telling him it is the enzymes and he adamantly refuses to believe it. In fact, he called her several weeks ago and told her she had a bladder infection and gave her a prescription. She said she did not have one and did not take the medication. Guess what, she never had symptoms. What do you think that is all about? Angel blessings to you Lita. Keep up your great work and thanks for helping my mom.
From Lita to DC: r.e. the possible bladder infection: the doctor probably saw leukocytes (pus) in the urine which is usually an INFLAMMATION, not an INFECTION. If I see this and the woman has any bladder symptoms, which can include burning, incontinence, frequent or small voids, etc, I give the UrT formula to nourish the lining of the urinary tract. IF, (rarely) infection is present, I throw in Citricidal and TRMA.course, the client always has the choice of also seeing a physician for a persistent infection. Happy for your Mama.
Dear Dr. Lita Lee,
I am one of your unknown students. I have already read your book "The Enzyme Cure" more than 30 times.is the greatest bookhave ever read in my life (I'm 47 years old).of my patients say they are “born again”; they can have their new lives.treated these patients by following your book.
This Email is sent because:
1. To say "Thank you so much"your advice, your book;
2. Please tell me how can I get your newsletter "To Your Health";
3. When you come to Thailand,let me know. I'll be honored to meet you.
Dr. PC, M.D. Bangkok, Thailand
Please Note: The FTC requires that we tell you that the results in these case notes and testimonials published here are not typical. One of the main lessons that Natural Healing teaches us is that no one is typical. Individuals vary, which is why we must always consider the whole person when recommending a course of action. These results are what some people have achieved with our methods. Your results may vary.
Notice: I am a chemist and an enzyme nutritionist, not a medical doctor. I do not diagnose, prescribe for, treat or claim to prevent, mitigate or cure any human diseases. I provide enzymes and other dietary supplements to improve digestion and to nourish and support normal function and structure of the body. If you suspect any disease, please consult your physician.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, prescribe for, treat or claim to prevent, mitigate or cure any human disease. They are intended for nutritional support only. The FTC requires that we tell you that the results in case notes and testimonials published here are not typical, however they do show what some people have been able to achieve. Individuals vary, which is why we must always consider the whole person when recommending a course of action. The third party information referred to herein is neither adopted nor endorsed by this web site but is provided for general information purposes. The listing of specific disease terms is based upon medical literature and is not a substitute for competent medical advice. If you suspect a medical condition, you should consult a physician.
To find a certified sound therapist in your area, please call Sharry Edwards at Sound Health 740-698-9119.
Be sure that your sound therapist has been certified by Ms. Edwards. There are unqualified therapists who claim to be certified, but are not.
You can learn more about Ms. Edwards at http://www.soundhealthinc.com.
Disclaimer: Human BioAcoustics, as originated by Sharry Edwards, M.Ed., does not diagnose or prescribe for medical or psychological conditions nor does it claim to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure such conditions. Human BioAcoustics researchers do not provide diagnosis, care, treatment or rehabilitation of individuals, nor apply medical, mental health or human development principles.